WHAT TO DO NOW YOU HAVE BEEN CLAMPED
- Do not attempt to remove the immobilisation device, as you could face proceedings for criminal damage and your vehicle could be towed.
- Do not attempt to drive your vehicle while the immobilisation device is attached to the vehicle.
- If you decide on a cash payment you must be at your vehicle when our Enforcement Officer arrives, with the correct amount.
- If you make a credit/debit card or laser card payment then you do not need to be at your vehicle when it is being de- clamped.
- When your vehicle is de- clamped then the vehicle must be removed from the offending area within one hour or the vehicle may be immobilised again.
The Enforcement Officer is employed by RFC to clamp and de- clamp vehicles in accordance with the rules and regulations of this area. Once the car is clamped the Enforcement Officer is not authorised to release the clamp until instructed by the control room.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Question: Who clamped my vehicle? Answer: Your vehicle was clamped by RFC Carpark management who enforce the parking rules and regulations at this location.
- Question: Why was I clamped? Answer: Your vehicle was clamped because it was parked in contravention (see over leaf) of the location rules and regulations. The rules are clearly sign posted within this location.
- Question: How do I get my car released? Answer: You should make contact with our control room by phone and arrange a payment. When payment has gone through your car will be released by an authorised Enforcement Officer. The immobilisation device cannot be removed releasing air from your tyre or removing the wheel as the chain goes through the axil of the car.
- Question: How Much is The Release Fee? Answer: Depending on location, the release fee is currently a maximum of €125
- Question: Can I appeal this decision? Answer: Yes, see below for details. The fine needs to be paid before an appeal can be made.
- Question: How long will it take to have my vehicle released after payment? Answer: RFC aims to de-clamp vehicles efficiently and will do ASAP. But under legislation we do have a maximum of 2 hours to respond to a de-clamp.
— We accept no liability for any loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits or contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, waste of management or office time or for any indirect or consequential loss or damage of any kind however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
HOW TO MAKE A PAYMENT
— You can request a cash payment when you ring our control room and we will dispatch an Enforcement Officer who will take cash on arrival, alternatively payments can be made by credit/debit card or laser over the phone.
— If you wish to appeal against this vehicle immobilisation you should submit your case in Letter Form. All correspondence must include your name, address, reference number and vehicle registration. Please supply any evidence that you have with your appeal. All appeals are genuinely pursued and the decision to accept or reject an appeal is based on evidence supplied. It is important that you supply all of the evidence to support the appeal. RFC Car Park Management will not enter into multiple appeal processes. You have 60 days to appeal or your appeal will not be submitted Please allow 21 days for response.
firstname.lastname@example.org Unit A6 Swords Enterprise Park
Vat No. IE9736418T
VEHICLE TOWING & IMPOUNDING
PLEASE NOTE that if there is any interference or damage to RFC Carpark Management Property this will result in your vehicle been towed and impounded. All the cost incurred will be the responsibility of the vehicle owner.
Please be advised that there is a €150.00 towing fee, and €50.00 a day to hold the vehicle fee, up to 8 weeks. After this 8 week period those vehicles that have not been claimed will be legible to be destroyed.
RFC Car Park Management and its agents will process your information for the operation of their parking enforcement scheme. Processing may include the use of cameras to record data. RFC Car Park Management may also disclose data to a third party on the institution of legal proceedings.
As part of our remit RFC will possibly be visiting your housing estate on a daily basis, and our staff members will be clearly identifiable as they will be in a RFC van, RFC uniform, and will have recording devices cameras, CCTV body cams , and hand held computers and may use these in accordance with site rules to record information in relation to vehicles illegally parked. These may be car registrations, tax and insurance discs, full pictures of your vehicle and windows and any other information that may help RFC in relation to clamping or towing your vehicle.